Monday, May 18, 2009

Trip To Arkansas




My parents headed into town to pick Nico and I up to drive over to my sister's house in Arkansas. It's about a 9 hour car trip so to have other people with us was great, I don't mind driving alone but the help is always great to have when you can get it. Within the first hour of the trip Nicolas started pulling at his ears a little bit and his eye was all yucky and pink. Once we got to Fayetteville, I took him in to the Doc in the box and found out he had double ear infections and pink eye! I just can't leave town without a trip to an urgent care. We got him right on meds and he seemed to be feeling better right away, it didn't affect his visit with his cousins at all and noone else got pink eye which is what I was worried about.
We had a great week, Nico LOVES playing with his cousins, they are older than him but take the time to play what he wants and give him TONS of attention. I'm sure he misses them so much now that we are back home. While we were there, I slept in a trundle bed beside his bed, I noticed how horribly loud he is at night, he's always kicking something or has little 2 am parties, he's really not the best sleeper! I never realized at home since he never seems to need me with him during his little parties. I must sleep right through them since I have the monitor turned so low. Needless to say I learned a lot about his sleeping habits but it was funny to listen to him in the middle of the night talking to himself.
For Mothers Day my Mom and sisters all went out to the spa for manicures and pedicures, it was nice to pamper myself a little since that rarely happens these days.
Thanks Stef for a great visit, see you all July!

No comments:

Post a Comment