Sunday, May 24, 2009

Birthday Party

We are well into the world of weekly birthday parties, Nico, you have too many friends. I'm starting to learn the birthday etiquette; yes husbands are invited IF the birthday party is held on the weekend, otherwise just the Mom typically comes. I learned quickly after the first weekend party when everyone asked where Oz was; all the other husbands were there standing by themselves in different corners looking like they were probably dragged there. Now Oz comes with me and I'm glad he does, I know he doesn't really know most of the people there but it's nice for him to get to see Nico run around and act crazy with all of his friends.
Yesterday we went to Haley's 3rd birthday party. Nicolas has already decided she is his girlfriend, he went right up to her and gave a big hug and kiss. Then he followed her all around for most of the party, and sang his little lungs out at the Happy Birthday song for her. I will give Haley all the credit for coaxing Nico into the big jump and slide they had out back. This was the first time he was ever willing to go into one of those. No amount of pressure from Mom or Dad ever worked but the cute face of a little 3 year old girl begging him to come play did the trick. Thanks Haley, he loved it once he gave it the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment