Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Time to move on...

Some big changes have happened at the Alcocer house. Right now Oz is living in Naperville, Il and the boys and I are soon to follow.
We were hoping to sell our home and then join him but the market seems so terribly slow right now we've decided to move into his temporary apartment so we can all be together. Luckily his company is willing to pay for us to live there for up to 6 months and I hope by that point our home is sold and we've purchased another one. We will all learn to live a little closer in the coming months, it's just a 2 bedroom so Gabe will actually sleep in our walk in closet and Nico will get the spare room. Putting them together would be a nightmare so I'm avoiding that if at all possible.
Nico seems super excited for the changes ahead, I moved to Naperville the first time when I was just a little bit older than him. It's a wonderful place to raise a family and I think both boys will thrive.
I feel so bad taking him out of his school here, I remember all to well how hard it is to say goodbye to everything you know and turn towards something you know nothing about. I just hope in the near future he finds great friends in the windy city and we look at this as a great adventure for our family.
I'm super excited about the preschool he'll be going to there. It is connected to a full professional gymnasium so for PE he will get to go there. They have science experiments each week in a science lab and even have a full computer lab that they go to each day. The classrooms are full of color and imagination, one room has a full castle for the kids to climb in. I couldn't get over all they offered the kids, I actually got a little teary looking online at how perfect it seemed for Nicolas.
I will try to update on the blog with the changes ahead. Right now we are looking at moving November 19th.

No comments:

Post a Comment